Monday, September 20, 2010

Maddie McKaig '12 Gets a Cat!

As mentioned by Colleen in the last post, Junior Maddie McKaig has a new addition to her W&L home. Meet Mr. Waffles!
1.When and how did Mr. Waffles come into your life?
Maddie: Mr. Waffles came into my life about two weeks before school started. I have wanted a kitty for awhile now, and when I got surgery this summer I had a lot of time to sit around and research cats. I adopted him through a local organization in Annapolis that had rescued him from Baltimore when he was only a few days old.

2.How has your life changed since the new addition?
Maddie: Being a mother is not easy. Waffles likes to wake me up early by pouncing on my face. I have to feed him twice a day, clean the litter box once a day, clip his nails, give him medicine when he's sick, and make sure he has lots of fun play time. Of course, all this work is well worth it since Mr. Waffles brings so much joy to my life.

3.What kind of cat is he?
Maddie: Great question. I'm pretty sure he is an American short-hair orange tabby cat.
4.What is Mr. Waffles’ favorite activity?
Maddie: Well, my favorite Waffles activity is when he takes a nap on my window sill. His favorite activity is probably trying to catch his own tail or climb up the side of the couch.

5.Where did you get the inspiration for his name?
Maddie: I found his name when I was looking at online pet adoption websites and one of the cats was named Mr. Waffles and I fell in love. He of course has several nicknames including, Waffy, Raffles, and Mista.

6.What does he like to eat?
Maddie: Mr. Waffles is on a strict kitty food diet, except for when my roommate Emily decides to feed him some of her Wendy's frosty.

7.Who is his favorite babysitter?
Maddie: Waffles is very lucky to have several aunts and uncles to look after him. I think Alli is actually his favorite though because she really loves him just as much as I do. We're starting to think that she may be mildly allergic to him, but this never stops her from coming over and playing with him.
8.Can we expect him on the sidelines at Generals Women’s Lax games?
Maddie: I would love to have him on the sidelines! He is an indoor cat, so he might get a little spooked but maybe when he's older I'll let Emily bring him to a game.