Monday, January 26, 2009

Player Spotlight - Sophomore Kathy Brown


Name: Kathy Brown
Class: 2011
Hometown: Baltimore, MD
High School: Catonsville High
Uniform #: 19
Majors: Psychology and Studio Art
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Pesto Spaghetti


What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-Well, I have been playing lacrosse since I was little and I had always imagined keeping it up in college. My Dad and my sister both played here. They had such wonderful experiences, so that was a large part of why I ended up at W&L.

How did you spend this past summer?
-My summer was very scattered between working at my Dad’s office and volunteering a little for the Rita Project (an organization for suicide prevention) in between trips to the beach!!

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L? Why?
-Psychoactive Drugs and Behavior with Professor Stewart- He is hands down the coolest professor here. His class is one of the reasons I wanted to become a psych major. The subject matter is really useful and relevant. I highly recommend this course.

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-… Field Hockey? I don’t have too much time for anything else. Although, I think Campus Kitchens is a great program that I need to volunteer for more often.

What is your favorite Lexington Restaurant? Why?
-Lexington Restaurant- I am a big breakfast person... and it’s cheap and fast, just the way I like it.

Best W&L lax memory?
-Beating Middlebury- DUH.

What does W&L lax mean to you?
-W&L Lacrosse is a network that has made my experience at this school worthwhile. All the girls on the team are unique and provide me with friendships that I would not have found elsewhere. The bonds we share are unlike any other. The coaching staff is also a large part of why I enjoy the program. They are great supportive leaders and know how to help us achieve our goals.

What was the last book you read for pleasure?
-The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls- I highly recommend it. It was a very interesting story that helped me put my own life in perspective. It is also a glimpse into the lives of the homeless.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I love cats, especially my cat Marbles. I also really love unsweetened Iced Tea and Seltzer Water….the list goes on.