Monday, May 11, 2009

Meet First-year Defender Anna Pobletts


Name: Anna Pobletts
Class: 2012
Hometown: Sykesville, MD
High School: Century HS
Uniform: 21
Potential Major: Math, Economics
Favorite Food: My mom’s spaghetti
Favorite Color: Blue


What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
- I looked at a lot of schools similar to W&L in my college search. But when I came for my visit at W&L, I realized it had the perfect combination of great academics and a competitive lacrosse team that I was looking for.

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
- I have met so many awesome people on the team and really bonded with them. I love that the team is so close on and off the field. We always hang out before and after games and all the freshman go to DHall after practice everyday.

What has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
- The fruit! I love the fresh berries we always have at the tailgate because we rarely have them in DHall.

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
- I am a member of RUF, which is great because it’s another way to meet a ton of different people and have fun in a youth group-type environment.

What is your favorite book? Why?
- I’m a big fan of the Twilight series. I am obsessed and can read them over and over again.

What was the last movie you watched?
- I watched “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” in Stackhouse earlier this week because it was free and I didn’t have any homework to do. It was really good!

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
- Mostly just working at my internship at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab. I also go to Georgia to visit my family every year and to the beach with my friends!

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
- The only thing I miss about being home is that with school and lax I don’t ever get to go skiing. It is my favorite thing about winter!