Monday, June 22, 2009

2005 Graduate Kristen Brown Shares Quotes from Members of her Lacrosse Team (Part 2)

Quotes from Players

I asked some of the players to answer three questions:
-What does lacrosse mean to you?
-What is your favorite memory?
-What does it feel like to be the first public high school team in the city of Philadelphia?
Their answers are listed below.
Naomi Suarez:
Lacrosse is my life and my everything
Favorite memory: Jade and Chanel falling!
I feel like a legend, and that we are making history here at Mastery Charter Shoemaker Campus.

Octavia (Tai) Bridgeford:
Lacrosse is like a family built off of hard work and diligence.
In Philadelphia, being the first public lacrosse team I feel excited and obligated to do 200% better.
Ti'erra Ferguson:
Lacrosse means commitment. It's like a simple word that means family.
Favorite memory: When Jade fell!

Patricia Helms:
To me lacrosse means dedication, hard work and memories for years to come.
Favorite memories: Our second game when even though we lost, we all was in a good mood and got down and dirty in the mud!
It feels good to be an outcast, but it's a lot of pressure starting something historical Jade Henderson:
Lacrosse is determination, teamwork and fun; play a sport that is hardly recognized in my neighborhood.
Favorite memory: The most memorable part of lacrosse is when our center checked the goalie and we scored at the end of the game!
Starting a team makes me feel like I'm starting something that will go & be bigger than I am; I feel like a leader because I took part in a historical team. I feel like Richard Allen because he started the first AME Church and it went on to be such a beautiful, successful church.