Monday, September 14, 2009

Introducing our New Assistant Coach, Megan Moore

Hi! I'd like to use this post to introduce myself to all of our blog readers - I'm Megan, the new Generals' Women's Lacrosse Assistant. I'm happy to be in Lexington and think that this upcoming year will prove to be a great one for our program. Fall season is patiently awaiting and I'm excited to work with the talented group that makes up W&L's Women's Lacrosse team.
I graduated from Gettysburg College in May of 2008 where I studied English and Writing and played four years of lacrosse for the Bullets. I had a tremendous playing experience at Gettysburg and hope to be a part of what makes Division III lacrosse so enjoyable for our players, parents and fans at W&L. Prior to accepting the position here I served as an assistant at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. The weather in Virginia is much more sympathetic during February's pre-season practices than the weather in Pennsylvania! (or at least, that's what I've been told...).
I'm from a small town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland called Chestertown. I've found many similarities between Chestertown and Lexington and am quickly starting to feel at home down here in the South. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in the upcoming year once our season gets underway. Please feel free to email me anytime at moorem@wlu.edu. I hope to see many of you at our fall scrimmages this October!