Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meet the First-Years! Katie Hagen

This week we're introducing First-Year attacker Katie Hagen (Malvern, PA/Notre Dame Academy).



1.What’s your most favorite thing about being a W&L student?


Katie: I love the small campus and not having to walk far to get to my classes. I also like hanging in dhall with all my pals.


2.What’s been the biggest adjustment from being an out-of-season athlete to being an in-season athlete?

Katie: Time management is probably the biggest adjustment. I'm such a procrastinator so being in season makes me do my work earlier and on time, which I guess is a good thing.


3.What do you miss most about home?

Katie: I really miss my dogs, Jake and Cody. I have two stuffed animals here in their place but it's not the same. I miss my mom's food too.

4.What’s the best part about being a Generals Lax player? Besides the back of the bus.

Katie: Everything's great about it! I love the team - everyone is so fun and funny. I have 25 new besties and I love hanging out with them especially at our lax "get togethers". I'm obsessed with everyone on the team so when the season is over I'll probably go into a slight depression.

5.What class have you enjoyed most so far at W&L?

Katie: I really like my Econ class this term. I'm also looking forward to my spring term class, Women in Sport.

6.What do you do outside of class, practice and tweeting?

Katie: Well tweeting is pretty time consuming, but I enjoy hanging out with my friends and taking selfies (self-portraits) and sending them to various members of the team.

7. Who do you most admire?

Katie: I most admire my dad. I've always looked up to him. I also really admire Bethenny Frankel but my dad is more important.

8.What’s your favorite book?

Katie: Firefly Lane by Krisitin Hannah it's great.

9.What’s your favorite type of music?

Katie: Ya know, any upbeat jams that I can dance to. I have pretty good music so anything on my itunes. I also have recently gotten into country, which surprisingly I really like.

10. Anything else you’d like Generals fans, parents and players to know?

Katie: Go Gennies!!!!!