Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MK Heads Out For Some West Coast Lax

While the rest of the Generals were busy raking leaves and painting rooms for our Fall Clean-Up Fundraiser, I jumped on a plane bound for Seattle and some West Coast lax!
The clinic venue on a beautiful fall Seattle day!

While it was definitely my fastest trip to the West Coast and back, (I was in Seattle for only 27 hours) it proved to be a great day to help spread the game of lacrosse. Through the club team I also coach during the off season, XTEAM, I was sent out to coach a WomensLax.com clinic with some of the coaches from USC. I worked with Devon Wills, USC defensive coordinator and US National team goalie, Hilary Bowen, USC offensive coordinator and four time national champion with Northwestern, Regan Bosch, director of lacrosse operations at USC and Duke '08 graduate, and Catherine Rodriguez, Syracuse class of 2011 and local Seattle laxer. We had more than 50 laxers come out for a great day filled with stickwork, shooting instruction, small games, and scrimmages.

After the clinic the coaching staff had a little time to explore Seattle before boarding our respective planes back home. Below are some pictures from our little trip eating our way through Pikes Place Market!

Unfortunately no on ordered anything, so we didn't see any fish throwing.


We stopped to sample cheese curds and the famous Mac and Cheese at Beecher's Handmade Cheese!


We even added our own little bits to the famous gum wall!



Seattle is a great place where lacrosse is definitely growing and getting better all the time. The next time I make a trip out I only hope I can stay a little bit longer!


Next week's blog will be filled with an introduction, but you'll have to check back to find out who we're introducing!