Thursday, May 31, 2012

Alumnae Catch Up - Kate Speare '11

This week we catch up with 2011 graduate Kate Speare as she fills us in on life after Generals Lax!

1.  Name:  Kate Speare
2.  Graduation Year:  2011
3.  Position:  Attack
4.  Major:  Accounting and Business


5.  Where do you live now?  I am living in Charlottesville, VA where I just finished a year masters program for accounting.  I will be studying for the CPA in Charlottesville for much of the summer.  Then I will move back home to Wallingford, PA before moving again to Washington D.C. in September.

6.  What are doing now for work?  This summer I will just be studying for the CPA Exam.  I will start working in Assurance for Ernst & Young in October.



7.  Favorite lacrosse memory from W&L?  There are way too many good memories to narrow it down to just one!

8.  What do you miss most from Lexington?  Blue Sky Bakery

9.  How did W&L or your lacrosse experience help prepare you for what you are doing now?  Many of my major classes I took helped me learn subject areas that I am currently reviewing for the CPA.  The knowledge I learned from my major will be used when I start work in October.  In addition to the general accounting and business knowledge I learned at W&L, the hard work and time management skills I acquired from both classes and lacrosse have greatly added to my success this past year and will definitely help in the Fall.


10.  If you could have a super power what would it be?  It would be to apparate so I can instantly be anywhere with no travel time or expense!

A big thank you to Kate for filling us in on her life after W&L.  Lucky for us, D.C. isn't too far away so hopefully we'll see her for the alumnae game in the Fall if Ernst & Young can spare her for a weekend!