Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meet Tri-Captain Kelsi Robinson





Name: Kelsi Robinson
Class: 2009
Hometown: West Chester, PA
High School: Westtown Friends School
Uniform #: 4
Majors: Psychology & Spanish





What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-To be honest, I had no idea exactly where I wanted to go to college. It all came together around May of my senior year of high school when I decided that W&L would allow me to be athletic, academic, and social all at the same time. Once I met the girls on the team, I knew I’d never regret my decision to go to W&L and play.

How did you spend this past summer?
-I was working at a summer enrichment program for kids of low income families in the DC area.

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L – why?
-Developmental Psychology – it dealt with understanding why certain people stray from the “normal” development path. I don’t know why, but I’m always trying to figure out why people act out in weird ways and do the things they do.

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-Probably just hanging out with my friends. Tubing down the Maury River is always a good time.

Best W&L Lax Memory?
-Beating Middlebury my junior year!!!!!

What does W&L Lax mean to you?
-Well I guess this is kind of cheesy, but the team is basically my family at W&L. Even though we have our separate friends and lives outside of lacrosse as well, we go crazy whenever we see each other. From killing time on bus trips, getting each other through rough practices, and just hanging out, I feel like I know a lot of my teammates better than anyone else on campus.

Check back in future weeks for interviews with tri-captains Colleen Evans and Katie Flippen.