Monday, November 10, 2008

Player Spotlight - Junior Laura Cavanaugh




Name: Laura Cavanaugh
Nickname: Cav
Class: Junior
Hometown: Pylesville, MD
High School: North Harford
Uniform #: 8
Majors: Business Administration and Studio Art
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Spaghetti




What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I had decided to play collegiate lacrosse before my college search, so that decision was easy. I attended W&L because it was the best place where I would have the opportunity to balance high levels of academics and lacrosse while also involving myself in social activities.

How did you spend this past summer?
-I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain and traveled Europe for a week. The remaining part of my summer was spent at home and on vacation with family and friends.

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L? Why?
-Art History: Renaissance to Present because of the engaging lectures and interesting subject matter.

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-Painting, dancing with friends.

What is your favorite Lexington Restaurant? Why?
-Probably Aunt Sarah’s because of the cheap and awesome brunch.

Best W&L lax memory?
-Crushing Middlebury last year!!

What does W&L lax mean to you?
-W&L lax is a great opportunity for me to completely apply myself out of the classroom. I love being part of our awesome group of girls and upholding the responsibility of a teammate both on and off the field.

What was the last book you read for pleasure?
-No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I love penguins and the beach.