Monday, March 16, 2009

Meet First-year Goalie Jennifer Linder



Name:
Jennifer Caroline Linder
Class: 2012
Hometown: Moorestown, New Jersey
High School: Moorestown High School
Uniform: 73
Potential Major: Biology
Favorite Food: Quesadillas
Favorite Color: Red


What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-My goalie trainer back home told me about this school and when I came for my visit, I fell in love with the area and the history, and the academics are great.

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
-How the team hangs out outside of practice. There are so many days when all of the freshman eat dinner in DHall together for an hour.

In your opinion, what has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
-I love the bowl of fresh berries which has been there every time so far.

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
-I have been attending RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) since October, and I love being part of that group.

What is your favorite book? Why?
-Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is kind of stereotypical, but I love the strength of Elizabeth Bennet. The Harry Potter series as a whole tie for first though because they are just amazing.

What was the last movie you watched?
-White Chicks-it is one of my favorite comedies, and I was just trying to relax the night before the F&M game.

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
-No, though I plan on getting my EMT certification so I can work as an EMT.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-My favorite quote is "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." -Allan K. Chalmers