Monday, March 23, 2009

Meet First-year Midfielder Madison McKaig





Name: Maddie McKaig
Class: 2012
Hometown: Annapolis, MD
High School: Annapolis High
Uniform: 18
Potential Major: Business
Favorite Food: Grilled chicken with honey mustard!!
Favorite Color: Blue




What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I was actually a little skeptical about coming here because of the small size. I knew that W&L had a great academic reputation and the D-III lacrosse program was exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to go for it. Once I got here, I fell in love with it. I really lucked out having interesting classes, a great roommate, and such a close team.

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
-The best part is definitely the team. We have such a great group of girls who are really hardworking and fun. I always look forward to going to practice and seeing everyone.

What has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
-Everything at the Scotland game tailgate was amazing, but I think my favorite was the cup of dirt dessert.

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
-I really love just hanging out with my friends. We have so much fun just sitting in D-Hall eating and playing Would You Rather.

What is your favorite book? Why?
-I love Harry Potter! I reread them all the time when I’m at home.

What was the last movie you watched?
-Twilight. It may be true that my pullout couch buddy, Alli, and I ordered it in our hotel room in Florida.

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
-I’ll be working a lot, but I’m really looking forward to visiting college friends, vacationing in New Hampshire, and working the lax camp here.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I like to travel and really want to study abroad. I am a proud Hufflepuff!