Monday, April 6, 2009

Meet First-year Attacker Allison Shearin




Name: Alli Shearin
Class: 2012
Hometown: Essex Fells, NJ
High School: West Essex High School
Uniform: #22
Potential Major: Not a clue
Favorite Food: Wendy’s
Favorite Color: PINK!!!





What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I always knew about W&L because my uncle played lacrosse here, and my dad played at Roanoke. They both told me what an awesome school it was for as long as I can remember. Also, Washington and Lee seemed to be the only school that was a perfect fit for me, because it is challenging academically, has a great lacrosse program, and allows you to still have a social life on top of all that!

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
-Honestly, words can’t even describe it. It means that I can play the sport I love with my best friends. My lacrosse team is the greatest group of girls I have met, and I can’t even imagine my life here without them. We share and unbelievable bond both on and off the field, and I just love every minute of being on this team.

What has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
-My personal favorite is the Oreo pudding that my mom makes. It is SOO delicious!!!

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
-I love to hang out with my friends, and I especially love feasting with the other first-years in D-Hall after practice. We often stay for over an hour, and playing “would you rather” is one of my personal favorites. We have so much fun and never stop laughing.

What is your favorite book? Why?
-My favorite books are the whole Twilight series. I just can’t get enough of them, although they make me jealous that I can’t be a vampire myself. (A life without Twilight is often one of the “would you rather” options, and as you can imagine, the other option always wins)

What was the last movie you watched?
-The last movie I watched was Twilight, and the reason I watched it is because it is amazing and I have a sad obsession for vampires. What made the movie even better though, was that I got to snuggle with Maddie while we watched on our pullout couch in our hotel room in Orlando.

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
-Nothing too exciting, but I can’t wait to go home and spend time with my family and friends. I also lifeguard and coach swim team for little kids at my pool. I am a kid at heart, so I love playing with them. And, I get to be outside all day in the sun—it is the best job ever!

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I love to recycle, I love Dalmatians, and although I was deemed unfit for any particular house, I am Dobby.