Monday, April 13, 2009

Meet First-year Midfielder Christina Benedetti


Name: Christina Benedetti
Class: 2012
Hometown:
Derwood, Maryland
High School: The Academy of the Holy Cross
Uniform: 3
Potential Major: Math/Journalism (?)
Favorite Food: This is really hard RBarr…but I’d pick pasta and nachos
Favorite Color: Cerulean



What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I chose to come to W&L because it had everything that I was looking for in a college. I was looking for a relatively small school so that I would have small classes and close relationships with my professors. By attending W&L, I had the opportunity to play both field hockey and lacrosse. I didn’t want to have to give up either of the sports and I didn’t have to by coming here. W&L is about 3 hours from home – the perfect distance for me. I wanted to play lacrosse at W&L because I have been playing lacrosse since kindergarten. I couldn’t imagine my life without it.

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
-So far, the friendships I’ve created on the team have been the best part of being on the team. I’ve met so many new people and enjoy watching everyone work hard for one another.

What has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
-The crab dip and taco dip are my favorite foods so far at the tailgates. SO YUMMY!

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
-Besides lacrosse, I have enjoyed playing field hockey in the fall. The opportunity to be on such a close team was really special. I also enjoy volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. It’s really touching to work with the people who will be living in the house you’re building.

What is your favorite book? Why?
-Up until recently, my favorite book has been A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. I really enjoy personal narratives and this book is really interesting and inspiring. The book is about a young boy caught in Sierra Leone’s civil war. He survives and writes the memoir from his point of view as a young child.
However, my new favorite books are the Twilight series. I couldn’t put them down. They kept you on your toes throughout all four books. I love Edward!

What was the last movie you watched?
-The last movie I watched was High School Musical 3. Haha…obviously it was amazing! I love High School Musical and the third one just came out on DVD. I love the songs…they get me pumped up for games.

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
-Not particularly. I plan on getting a job, hanging out with friends, and going to Ocean City, MD whenever I get a chance. I also hope to visit some W&L friends.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I like to shoot archery and read... I AM A GRYFFINDOR!