Monday, April 27, 2009

Meet First-year Defender Lauren Acker





Name: Lauren Acker
Class: 2012
Hometown: Bloomfield Hills, MI
High School: Birmingham Seaholm
Uniform: 5
Potential Major: undecided
Favorite Food:
Anything my mom cooks!
Favorite Color: Blue and Green




What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
- I always knew that I wanted to go to a division III school with great academics to play a sport at the collegiate level. And one of my coaches from high school, Ginny (a 2000 graduate), played both soccer and lacrosse for W&L and always spoke so highly of the school.

So far, what’s been the best part of being a Generals lacrosse player?
-Getting to know all of the girls on the team has been great. I really enjoy being a part of such a great program. Honestly, I don’t know what I would do with all my time! I’ve always played sports and had to balance academics and practices, I think I would be bored and I certainly wouldn’t be having as much fun!

What has the best food been so far at the elaborate post-game tailgates?
-All of the fresh fruit (especially the berries), and the brie, and pretty much all of the desserts! We never get that stuff in d-hall!

Besides lacrosse, what it your favorite activity you have done on campus?
-I’ve been able to take a music course both fall and winter semesters and I have attended some fantastic concerts that I never would have been able to see off-campus.

What is your favorite book? Why?
-I think Jodi Picoult is an excellent writer. My Sister’s Keeper is my favorite book by her.

What was the last movie you watched?
-I had to watch Hamlet for my English class this past week. But before that I watched American Beauty, its strange but I highly recommend it!

Do you have any exciting plans for the upcoming summer?
-I’m going to study abroad in Valparíaso, Chile this summer for about 5 weeks. I’ll be studying Spanish and the culture. After my classes are finished I am going to meet my family in Peru to do an extra week of traveling.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I love to travel and would like to live and work abroad when I graduate.