Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meet the Generals - First Year Adele Irwin

While the weather here in Virginia has certainly kept things interesting for February break, the Generals have rolled with the punches.  After a monsoon prediction in Newport News, the Generals were able to battle Monday for our season opening win over CNU 10-9.  Check out our Facebook page to see who won the game ball for their outstanding play!

To keep themselves busy during break this week the team travelled up to Charlottesville today to do a little shopping, watch some friends play in the UVA vs. Richmond game, and have dinner at Fry's Spring Station.  Thanks to our alums for coming out to spend the evening with us too!

While we continue to prepare for Stevenson this weekend, we wanted to introduce you to another one of our first years, Adele Irwin!

1. Name: Adele Irwin
2. Year: Freshman
3. Position: Defense
4. Major: Biology

 Cara and I at the men's lacrosse game!

5.  Where do you live on campus? Graham-Lees
6. Favorite lacrosse memory? Last year my high school team, Kent Place, beat our all-time rival school, Oak Knoll, by four goals.  It was the first time we had beaten them in eleven years.  We ran out and met our fans who were all storming the field.
7. Goals for 2012? My goals for 2012 are for our team to make it to the Final Four in the NCAA tournament, to get as much playing time as I can, and to have a great time with my friends!

 My fav fam, the Ericksons!

8. What do you miss most from home? I miss my dog Holly and dinners with my family.
9. Favorite thing about W&L? My favorite thing about W&L is Sarah Gray Erickson!!!
10. If you could have a super power what would it be? It would be to never lose anything... I have a tough time keeping track of all my stuff.
My parents and I!

Thanks to Adele for her answers to the Meet the Generals survey.  We will continue to feature the class of 2015 next week as we keep you updated on the season as well!