Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Alumnae Catch Up - Kate Donnelly '11

This week the blog catches up with Kate Donnelly of the class of 2011!

  1.  Name: Kate Donnelly
  2. Graduation Year: 2011
  3. Position: Midfield
  4. Major: Business and Accounting, Minor in Poverty Studies

The 2011 laxers with their dads!

 5.  Where do you live now?  I just finished up a masters program at UVA in Charlottesville, but moving to DC in September.


6.  What are you doing now for work?  Right now I’m studying for the CPA Exam, which is proving to be miserable… But, I’m excited to start working for Ernst and Young as an auditor in the fall!
The class of 2011 hanging out in the Outer Banks!

 7.  Favorite lacrosse memory from W&L?  Ahh that’s so hard to choose!  I’d say beating Middlebury for the first time my freshman year is up there.  It was such a thrill and really ramped up my whole W&L lacrosse experience.  Our trip to Orlando sophomore year was pretty sweet, too.


8.  What do you miss most from Lexington?  Dinners at Utah!


9.  How did W&L or your lacrosse experience help prepare you for what you are doing now?  Playing sports in college really helped me learn how to manage my time effectively.  Also, I’ve had to work in groups a ton since I’ve graduated, and I think being on a sports team and creating a cohesive unit was great preparation.
UVA Graduation for the Kate's!

10.  If you could have a super power what would it be?  Since I’m spending all my time studying these days, I’d REALLY like to have a photographic memory!!

A big thank you to Kate for filling us in on life post W&L!  Good luck with the CPA exam from all of the Generals!