Monday, December 15, 2008

Player Spotlight - Sophomore Emmy Mathews






Name: Emmy Mathews
Class: 2011
Hometown: Baltimore
High School: Bryn Mawr
Uniform #: 10
Majors: Philosophy, Business
Favorite Color: Blue






What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I wanted to come to a school with a challenging academic environment where I could play two sports and still have a social life. W&L was the perfect combination of these three.

How did you spend this past summer?
-I taught swimming lessons to kids from ages 4-12 in Baltimore.

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L? Why?
-My favorite class so far is Aristotle because I love getting to know one philosopher’s work really well.

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-Field Hockey! But besides that I like to go to the Youth Center and hang out with the kids after school.

What is your favorite Lexington Restaurant? Why?
-My favorite restaurant is the Southern Inn because everything on the menu is good and the atmosphere is comfortable.

Best W&L lax memory?
-Beating Middlebury my freshman year.

What does W&L lax mean to you?
-Lacrosse gives me a way to hang out with my best friends everyday, working together towards a bigger goal than just one person can accomplish

What was the last book you read for pleasure?
-Jane Austen’s Emma, loved it.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I write for the Trident, the student newspaper.