Monday, December 29, 2008

Player Spotlight - Sophomore Wilton Megargel





Name: Wilton Megargel
Class: 2011
Hometown: Charlottesville, VA
High School: St. Anne’s-Belfield
Uniform #: 9
Majors: Spanish, Business
Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Food: Honey





What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I always juggled the idea of playing lacrosse in college and knew that if I played I was going to play at a DIII school. W&L was actually an afterthought in my applying stage-I’m pretty sure I sent my application supplement in minutes before it was due. I then visited in February and watched a game and really liked the girls on the team and the fact that everyone I talked to loved the school and was so enthusiastic. I fell for the school spirit factor.

How did you spend this past summer?
-I lived on a ranch in Wyoming. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and made some really great friends and the first time I was out west. I was able to live in a beautiful setting, hike a lot and see tons of wildlife and also travel around to Vail, Denver and Steamboat too! I definitely would recommend it to anyone.

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L? Why?
-I really like my Spanish class that I took last spring term. It was about Spanish movies and for our “final” we had to remake scenes from a film we had watched in class-the best exam I’ve ever taken!

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-Well, right now it’s probably walking around or driving around through the country to see all the pretty fall colors and enjoy the weather. During the holidays, I really like to decorate my room with lots of lights to make a winter wonderland.

What is your favorite Lexington Restaurant? Why?

-My favorite Lexington Restaurant is probably Lexington Restaurant! I love the cheese grits there and the homey feeling of the restaurant.

Best W&L lax memory?
-Winning ODACs or beating Middlebury last year.

What does W&L lax mean to you?
-W&L lax is a big group of best friends who all like to compete and have fun. I love seeing everyone in the afternoon at practice.

What was the last book you read for pleasure?
-The last book I read for pleasure was Something Blue a book about two girls who are best friends and get in a fight and how they get married and have babies. If you like girly books you can probably read it in about a day.

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I have a quarter collection in my room. I am only missing Hawaii and Illinois state quarters. So, if you see them in your wallet, you know who to give them to!! (but really…)