Monday, December 1, 2008

Player Spotlight - Sophomore Katharine Farrar


Name: Katharine Farrar
Nickname: Farrar
Class: 2011
Hometown: Lexington, VA
High School: Episcopal High School (Alexandria, VA)
Uniform #: 74
Majors: Spanish/Education
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Cheese grits



What led you to attend and play lacrosse at W&L?
-I grew up in Lexington but went away to boarding school for my 4 years of high school. Being away from home made W&L much more appealing to come back to and also my grandfather, uncle and dad went here so the love for W&L has been in the family for a long time.

How did you spend this past summer?
-I lived in Hilton Head with a friend for the first half of summer, worked at W&L lacrosse camp and then was a counselor at a summer camp for girls, Camp Alleghany.

What is the best class you have taken so far at W&L? Why?
-Spanish 211 – Spanish Civilization and Culture with Profesora Ruiz. Profesora Ruiz is from Spain, so being able to learn the history and culture of Spain from a native is very interesting because she grew up in that culture experienced much of what she taught us.

What is your favorite non-lax activity at W&L?
-Hanging out with my friends and going to other sporting events to support friends who take part in them.

What is your favorite Lexington Restaurant? Why?
-Lexington Restaurant is my favorite. I LOVE breakfast food and they have the best cheese grits ever. I also grew up going there with my family for breakfast sometimes so it’s a great walk down memory lane for me!

Best W&L lax memory?
-Beating Middlebury.

What does W&L lax mean to you?
-Unity, structure, team, fun, a learning experience, a time to come together with the team and work hard at something we all love.

What was the last book you read for pleasure? How was it?
-The last book I read for pleasure was Something Blue by Emily Giffin. It was awesome!!!!

Any other fun facts about yourself you’d like to share?
-I read to kindergarten students once a week and I like to bake.